1. Demonstrates E-G labeling of myelin within the rodent forebrain.
Fig A – Survey view of hippocampus.
2. Demonstrates E-G labeling of myelin within the rodent forebrain.
Fig B – High mag view of hippocampal myelination within the dentate gyrus.
3. Demonstrates E-G labeling of myelin within the rodent forebrain.
Fig C – Myelin staining within the superficial cortex of both the radial fibers within layers II and III plus the fine parallel fibers of layer 1 (arrows).
4. Fig A – Staining of plaques are seen in the hippocampus.
5. Fig B – High magnification in perirhinal cortex revealing roughly circular flocculent staining, as well as the presence of some vesicle-like structures.
6. E-G staining of pyriform cortex from a kainic acid exposed rat reveals myelin pathologies including conspicuous edematous varicosities (arrows).
7. Following E-G staining with DAPI staining allows for co-localiziation of myelin and cell nuclei simultaneously with UV light excitation.
8. Post mortem perfusion of the vascular system of a rat with Fluoro-Turquoise labeled gelatin combined with E-G staining results in the simultaneous localization of blood vessels of the cortex and the myelinated fibers using UV light excitation.
9. A tissue section from a kainic acid exposed rat first stained with E-G and then processed for anti-GFAP immunofluorescence reveals hypertrophied astrocytes (arrows) relative to changes in myelination using combined UV and blue light excitation.